I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12th

We had Zone Conference on Tuesday and it was awesome!! The assistants talked about goal setting and how we can set more achievable goals that can make us stretch... President also talked about this and the miracles that we are able to see each day when we are specific and look for those experiences. The spirit filled the room and we all committed to looking for those miracles in our lives each day. President told us that an APOSTLE is coming to the mission for zone conference in September!! i am so excited! He told us that they know who it is, but it changes from time to time, so up until a couple weeks before the conference we won't know. He told us to read the conference talks and be ready to hear a voice of an apostle. President told Sister Abbott that she is definetly getting transferred on Wednesday morning. My new comp- Sister Longhurst will be here tomorrow night at about 7pm!!! I am so excited to meet her... I don't know anything about her, so next week I will fill you in on all the details. Thanks mom for my atm card... mine was going to expire. Thank you for the letter and pics you sent. i hung the pics on my wall to remind me of all of you back home and to give me strength as I study and get ready for the day. I love you all so much!! I finished the tape so I am going to send home a package in the mail today. I have gotten soooo many stamps from all of you so thank you so much!! I love writing letters when i can ;)!! Oh and I finally got to eat sugar... wow it was so good. Dad- i had one of your favortite little desserts when i ate it for the first time-- scotcheroos!! it was so yummy. Although it made my stomach hurt and I felt sick cause of all the sugar. Going without sugar for 6 weeks was hard, but so worth it. I felt tons better about the kind of food I was eating!! My ankle has been super stiff this week so I asked the Elders to give me a blessing. Almost immedietly the pain started to go away. We played dodgeball today and I hurt it again-- it's my own fault, I guess I will just gimp a little while longer! This week I have been trying to be more specific in my prayers. My prayers were answered and I got to witness a miracle. Bernice Baily is a non-member who came to the bishop looking for some help and he invited her to come to church. She requested a Book of Mormon and then told them that she would attend all 3 hours. I guess she had been to a ward about 5 years ago, and had a good experience. She slipped through the cracks and never thought a whole lot about it. Well she is living here for the next couple weeks and decided that she wanted to try it out again. We met her and she basically asked us how long it takes to get baptised... say what??!!! Wow we told her that it could take about 2 weeks since she came to church today. Her living situation is a little rough right now, so we don't have a time for an appointment this week, but she told us she would call to schedule, and we got her number to follow up. No way is she going to slip through the cracks this time!!! The other miracle part of this story is that the McFarlands came to the Gospel Principles class. They NEVER come to that class and for some reason they were there. They both bore powerful testimonies of their conversion stories and we all could feel the power in there words. The lesson was the on the Holy Ghost.. what a perfect time and lesson for Bernice to hear this. It was so cool!!!
Well I don't have much time cause S. Abbott is going to get a perm, but I love you all so much!! I hope to hear from you all soon!!

Love Sister Glasgow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment