I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

So it has been a "Not so bad" kinda week. Nothing too exciting but nothing horrible either. I like weeks like these! To start off-- Tuesday morning S. Stoehr and I went running. Well when we got back to our apt she said, "oh no, I forgot the keys, do you have them?" I don't drive or have keys so I didn't grab them. Man, we were locked out of our apt!! It was 6:30am and no one was awake in our apt complex. We saw a lady open and shut her door, so we asked if she had a card so that we could slip it thru and try to unlock it. But she just looked at us crazy and said no. Bummer. We waited outside till about 8am and finally a lady across the street was awake. She let us use her phone. I only have two numbers memorized, ours and Central Point. I was glad that we got a hold of someone and eventually we got in. haha.
The elders talked to someone down by Autzen stadium and they got their number and we gave them a call. Kevin and Robin have 4 kids and she is prego with her 5th. They invited us over for yummy tacos and fruit! We found out that they had a baptismal date a few years back, but they weren't married and things got a little lost and twisted around. Well, they just moved into a house, they are married and are so awesome! I straight up asked Kevin if he would join the church and he said "yeah." It blew me away!! They are going to a Catholic church right now and they really like it, but we are going to be teaching and hopefully they will be a great addition to the Santa Clara 1st ward!!
We had a lesson with Cindy Anderson. She married to a less active member. She grew up Jewish, but doesn't practice. We taught the Restoration and the spirit was so strong. Cindy has a lot of questions and it has been great to answer them thru the spirit. I don't know a lot of the times what I say, but I know that the spirit testifies of truth and we could all feel it. She is pretty much ready to learn and I am excited for her to become a member and for her husband and kids to get active again!!
We haven't seen Brad and Jackie for almost 2 weeks. Brad actually called us on Saturday and left us a message saying that he wanted us to come by and talk with them!! He was afraid that they offended us. Funny thing is that we called Jackie and left her a message asking when we could come by again. Brad wasn't aware of this so it was good to hear from him!! We spoke with Brad and he told us that he had been on Mormon.org and that he was chatting with some missionaries and just felt like something was missing. He recognized the spirit and that he hadn't been with there family while we have been gone. I am excited to go over this week and let them know just how important this is. YES!!!!
We went tracting on a house with 3 houses. As soon as we pulled up to the street I knew that there was someone that we needed to find. The first man was very rude and yelled at us that his family was having dinner and that we interupted. The next house was empty. The last house was kinda in the back part of the neighborhood. We knocked on the door and I just knew that we needed to talk to the person inside. We heard a baby crying and then it was quiet. Finally, Amanda opened the door and she spoke with us. She was scared to open the door cause it was kinda late and her husband wasn't home. He baby was crying and hungry so we didn't get to talk too much, but she wanted us to come back on Tuesday night! YES!!!! I am so grateful for times when the spirit speaks to me and I feel led to find people. It is truly a miracle!!
Today we are having a watermelon eating contest! Our ward mission leader always gives us food and so he gave us 6 watermelons!! We asked our elders in the district if they wanted to so we are excited! I got my haircut today... mom I wish that you were here so that you could cut it. Luckily it turned out alright :) We are also going to tour Autzen stadium, where the Oregon Ducks play. I am stoked to see it and be on the field!
Well sorry this letter isn't that great, but I am glad to have good weeks like this. Always room for improvement, so I am excited to get to work tonight!!! Find find find, teach teach teach. Yep, it will be great!!
I love you all so much!! Thank you for all giving me the support and love that I NEED!!!! Take care this week!

Love Sister Glasgow
XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment