I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

So this week was so great!!
Tiffany, Shelby and Ryan's baptisms all went great!! This ward is
great at fellow-shipping our investigators. They probably had about 60
people at each of the baptisms.. it was nuts!! It was really sweet to
have Tiffany's husband get up at the end of the baptism and tell the
ward thank you for the things their family has been blessed with. He
is a very shy person, and I know that took a lot of courage to say
that. I felt so happy for their family!! Tiffany and Shelby had a glow
about them all day... even the pics showed a white glow around them.
Ryan's baptism was good. He was so ready to get baptized... it seemed
like the whole ward attended his baptism. It really opened my eyes to
think about how he was introduced the gospel. His friend gave him a
Book of Mormon and invited him to church. His life will be blessed
forever because of that experience. I have had so many things pop out
to me and taught me to be a better member missionary when I return
home. It is so important that we get out and invite people!
So I had one of the most amazing experiences on my mission this week.
We talked to a man and lady outside, Al and Diana, and they invited us
to come back. We went back the next day and taught a little bit. Diana
is taking care of her uncle Al (he had a major stroke 10 years ago)
and as we spoke she was so happy and positive-- this lady makes me
laugh so much. She kept telling us how much she loved Jesus. She told
us that some Elders in Coos Bay gave her a BOM, but they never went
back. She made us promise that we wouldn't leave her hanging. Well
then we talked about follow Jesus and how we do that as we read the
scriptures, pray and get baptized. The member that was at the lesson
cut us off and talked about something random, which bugged, but then
Diana out of the blue said, "Now about this baptism thing, I want
that. I know that the BOM is true. I have found the truth and it is
with the Mormons." Right then we extended a baptismal date. She said
yes before I could even finish asking her. Wow. The Lord prepares
people. We went back today and taught about Joseph Smith. She said
that everything clicked for her. She asked about baptism and if she
will need to keep getting baptized over and over again. haha we told
her that once she is done with this baptism, she won't need to do it
again. I love Diana!! She told us today that she needs to put a muzzle
in her mouth and listen to what God was trying to tell her. Man, it
was so crazy to have that experience!
I am super bummed that S. Nelson is leaving. She is transferring down
to White City and Eagle Point tomorrow... basically our eyes have been
a little leaky. I am gonna miss that girl so much!!
I am grateful for the gospel in my life. I love being a missionary. I
know that prayers are answered. God is good... that has been something
that has been on my mind a lot lately.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. :)

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment