I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011

First off... Diana got snowed in this week in Klamoth Falls, so we
didn't get to meet with her. She was supposed to get back Saturday
night, but she slipped on the ice and got a concussion (sp?) and won't
be in town until Wednesday. Seriously Satan does not want this lady to
get baptized. I was a little discouraged and bummed about the whole
situation, but Diana is golden and she is strong and knows that she
wants to follow Christ and be baptized, it just won't be as soon as
she thought. She told us she was gonna park herself on the couch until
she leaves on Wednesday. haha.
We taught a wife and husband, Marty and Michelle this week. We found
them a few weeks ago, but schedules were busy and we finally got to
sit down with them. When we came inside the home, Marty looked at us
and said, "You two are just so beautiful, I was thinking and praying
about the 2 of you and hoped that you would come back!" Marty has had
some heart attacks the last few years and is in a wheelchair. He
expressed that he didn't feel like God loved him and felt punished. As
we talked about the Book of Mormon, Marty said, "The Bible can be
kinda confusing, but the Book of Mormon clears everything up." Yep
Marty, that is exactly right :). It was neat to teach them and feel
the spirit it there home. At the end of the lesson I said the closing
prayer and then Marty said one. In his prayer he thanked God that we
came back cause that helped him know that God loved him because we
were sent to him. It was such an amazing experience!! I was grateful
that my prayers were answered that day, we were able to be an answer
to someone else's prayer. Marty is still having lots of complications
with his health this weekend, please pray for him and Michelle!!
At the beggining of this week I was frustrated that we weren't able to
teach anyone and I thought about how much happiness comes from
teaching people, so I decided to go down a list of people and call
them to see if they would like us to teach. We called Jon Cannon. He
was a former investigator and told us that we wanted us to come back.
We have been over a few times and he wants to get baptized!!
The Lord provided for us this week! I feel like I have hit a breakthru
point on my mission. I feel like I just want to do everything I can to
do my part so we can find people to teach and share the gospel. It is
our job to invite. The Lord sees when we are diligent and really has
answered my prayers.
This week at combined district meeting we talked about our potential
and Christ's potential. I really thought about what Christ is capable
of, everything!! His atonement covers everything and everyone-- it is
infinite. One of my ZL's Elder Christensen said, "Don't put a cap on
the atonement and what Christ can do for you!" That has really hit me
hard over the last serveral days. I don't live up to my potential when
I lack faith to find or teach or learn something new. Christ is our
friend, example and Savior. I am grateful that I was able to hear that
and set goals of how Christ can help me reach my true potential.
We taught a less active lady, Lisa, and her nonmember mom, Zora,
today. Lisa has a 18 year old son, Chris, that started to come back to
church about a month and a half ago. As a result, we started teaching
him again and she wanted us to come over and teach her. Both Chris and
Lisa have made so much progress!! Lisa told us today that she is ready
to go back to the temple and wants to meet with the Bishop. Zora asked
us about baptism and the things that she needed to be doing now so she
could be baptized!! She asked about the addiction recovery program to
stop smoking and is excited to stop. This family has made a HUGE turn
and have been blessed so much. Lisa came to church for the 2nd time
and Zora came yesterday and told us she felt like she was "at home." I
am grateful to see how the gospel has changed there life is such a
short time. Oh yeah, and the 9 year old son, Josh, also came to
church!! Miracles I tell ya.
That is my week in a nutshell. I am doing great. I love being here is
Sweet Home. The ward is fantastic-- very willing to help and have been
referring so many people for us to see!! Sister Abbott and I like
working our tails off and have seen so many blessing and miracles as
we go out and find people that are elect and ready to accept the
gospel. I am SO blessed to be in an area that is on fire for
missionary work!!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment