I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March1, 2011

Boy oh boy it has been freezing up in here! I have felt so miserable
out in the cold snow, rain and wind. Ceds-- you are sooo lucky to be
in the heat haha!!
Well Diana FINALLY got back from her trip and we got to meet with her.
We read from the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 18. She understood
everything and wants to get baptized on her dad's bday in a few weeks!
I was so nervous and frustrated about her leaving and having all the
problems, but I was grateful that she made it back safe.... but THEN,
she had to leave for Coos Bay this weekend cause she was moving her
daughter. I swear Satan doesn't want this lady to progress at all. As
I thought about her situation, I realized that the adversary was
trying to work on me and it was effecting my work as a missionary. I
finally had to look over some things and pray that things would work
out. I felt a lot of peace and comfort knowing that the elect- Diana,
will not be led astray. I'm excited for her to get back in town again!
BTW... she told us that her whole fam is gonna come to the baptism and
that she wants them to all search the church and hopefully join like
her. haha! She wants 2 pews saved for her fam!
We got to teach Zora last week. She fell a few nights ago and hurt her
hip really bad... seriously why does all this crap happen to our
investigators?? I'm am learning some patience :) She got a blessing
this weekend and is making progress each day. She is excited to attend
the addiction recovery program so she can stop smoking. We are also
getting her some tapes of the BOM to listen too. As we met with her
today we talked about repentance and the healing that comes thru Jesus
Christ. Zora has gone thru A LOT in her life. She shared experiences
of how God loves her and that things in the past can be forgiven and
she can move on. It was so great to hear that!
I have been thinking a lot about the changes in my life and the help
that I have received from Jesus Christ. I love in Alma 36 when Alma is
teaching about why a belief of Jesus Christ is important. He tells
Helaman that he needs to put his trust in the Lord and that he will be
supported. He goes on and tells of his conversion and the joy from
repenting. He again bears his testimony of trusting in the Lord and
receiving that support. I love this story and it has really helped me
see that I need to be repenting and changing somethings in my life.
The support that I have felt in my trials has meant the world to me.
The struggles, temptations and trials don't seem so big when I remember
and trust in the Lord. I know that I have been able to overcome
difficulties and it is all thru the Savior's atonement. I feel like in
my mission I have felt a different kind of joy, a heightened
happiness, but I know that it can be even more enjoyable as I turn my
ways to the Lords ways. I am so blessed to have this knowledge. I am
so blessed to serve a mission. These experiences I am having has
changed me and is making me a better person for the future!
I love you all! Remember TKOGON-- the kingdom of God or nothing. :)

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment