I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mar 21, 2011

Aubrey usually writes a separate letter for the blog, but she must have only had time to write me so I am sharing my letter today...

Hey Mom,
Thank you for writing me, I didn't know if I would get any emails,
cause I am emailing early. We get to go to the COAST!! I am so
excited. I guess I can just get your email and be fine, cause I am
lucky to go.
When we saw Diana I was shocked at
how much people can go thru. It broke my heart to see the pain and
fear in her eyes. I really have never been around people like that
before my mission. My eyes have been opened really big. Gosh, it is
sad some of the lives that people live. Diana told us all about the
drugs, rape, abuse and alcoholism... not things that I wanted to hear,
but she just blurred it all out. I am grateful for the priesthood!! I
have a huge testimony and saw a huge difference soon after the
blessing. When she came to the church she was beaming. I feel so
blessed to live in a world that is hurting and I get to come in and
bring some light. That is an odd statement, but it is true. So many
times, S. Abbott always talk about how blessed we are to be raised in
the gospel. The gospel brings so many blessings and the trials and
troubles are easier. I am experiencing so many things that wouldn't
happen unless I came on a mission.
So Abbott is leaving on Tuesday evening and I get my new comp, S.
Smith on Wednesday afternoon. I will be staying with this girl in the
ward for the hours I don't have a companion. kinda weird. S. Smith
served down south with me in my first area. She is pretty quiet, but
really sweet. I feel blessed to have good comps. She will be great.
Honestly mom, I am gonna miss her. She has taught me a lot and I have
applied so many things to help me be her comps. I love her. It is
weird that she is going home, but it will be good for her. She bore
bore her testimony in sacrament and I just bawled. She is a good
missionary and has done a fantastic job! I already told her that she
better write me. She said she would be a good emailer and we will keep
in touch. So glad we were comps again.
I am so excited for you to go to Havasupi!! You will LOVE it! Make
sure to take lots of pics k?
Thanks for all the love and updates. Glad that no one has been
seriously hurt. I have been really protected on my mission, so much
protection!
The weather is alright. It rains a bit everyday, beautiful rainbows,
sunsets and clouds in the sky. I love it here!! (not enough to move
back though) :) The trees are all starting to have flowers on them, it
is gorgeous!!
I have gotten some of Cedar's letters. He has changed so much and has
been such a good example to me!! I miss him. I hope that I can talk to
him on the phone again for mother's day.
K I love you, have a good day!!!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO
Tell Morgan and Jodi congrats!! When does B know what she is gonna have!

No comments:

Post a Comment