I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Well this week was up and down and all over the place.
Diana has been gone the last 3 weeks. She changed her phone number and
is still in Coos Bay. We stopped by her house and spoke to her uncle
today. he told us that she had been drinking some booze and that she
wouldn't be back for a while.... that about broke my heart. I continue
to pray for her and know she will join the church some day.
Jon is doing awesome!! He was interested in joining the church about a
year ago, but due to living situations, couldn't be baptized. We have
been meeting the last 3 weeks and he told us this week that he didn't
feel that same excitement like he did the first time. As we prayed
about what he needed to hear, we decided that we needed to tell him
that heavenly father loved him. We had a good lesson and then left. he
talked to us the next day and said that he prayed and read all of 1
nephi. He thanked us for telling him that he was loved and that helped
him feel the spirit again. He is working to be baptized in a few
weeks.
We met with this sweet couple, Huck and Katherine. They have 2 kids.
They have been "researching the church" for about a year now. They had
us over for dinner and asked us "why should our family join the
church" As I pondered this question, it was great to have the spirit
testify to them that they needed to be baptized, receive the holy
ghost and enjoy the blessing of the temple and all others that god had
in store for them. I don't think I have met anyone so ready, prepared
and studied up before. Huck said that he can't stop searching and
learning about the church. He ordered a quad online, has read the
gospel principles book and has been going to church in Albany for 3
months. Wow, he knows a lot about the church!! Gosh, it was awesome to
have a good discussion with him and his wife and kids. I am so
grateful that they are interested. We invited them to be baptized....
that blew them away!! They didn't really think it was necessary to
meet with missonaries, cause they didn't understand what our job was.
They had been anti-missionaries for a long time, but friends of Huck's
convinced them to meet with us. They fed us dinner and told us all
about their experience with the church over the last year or so. They
have had SO many witnesses and are reading and praying about the Book
of Mormon. Basically when we invited them to follow Christ and be
baptized, the spirit testified to them that it was good and right. It
was a powerful lesson and we get to see them again this week!!
Today we taught a less active lady, Lisa Cline. She told us that she
asked her 9 year old son if he wanted to be taught so he could get
baptized... he said yes! What??
This week although has been full of sad and happy experiences, the
Lord is definitely in charge. I have no doubts about that.
I am grateful for the miracles I have seen in my life. One huge
miracle happened a few hours ago. We met up with the Elders for lunch
and as we pulled out of the parking lot, they ran into a guy on a
motorcycle. It totally dented the car and demolished the bike. I saw
the whole thing happen. uhhhh, my stomach hurt so bad. The guy flew
off into the street. Luckily the elders and the biker guy were okay.
The man hurt his leg pretty bad. He wasn't the nicest guy to them and
I felt horrible for the Elder driving the car. It was a miracle that
no one was badly injured or killed for that matter. It really ruffled
all of us. As we said a prayer after wards, a peace fell upon us all
and we are so thankful that everything will be okay.
On the good side of things, we played this funny game, would you
rather...? I would highly recommend it to anyone!! So hilarious!
Today, Stephanie and Omar are driving up to Sweet Home to take us to
dinner in Corvallis. We weren't able to make it to Eugene a few weeks
ago, so Steph said they wanted to come up here!! I am soooooo excited
to see that girl again!! Love her so much!
Well, that about sums this week up. I am grateful for my life. I love
this work. I know that we all go thru trials and struggles, but the
Lord is aware of us. As we repent, the Lord takes the burdens and
lightens our load. He forgives us of sin, he knows everything!! I love
that. I love the gospel.

Love Sister Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment