I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mar 28, 2011

Hello my loved ones!
Sister Abbott is officially home and goes by the name of Erin...
weird. It was hard seeing her pack up and stuff, but she's doing great
things now.
My new comp- Sister Smith is adorable. She's from Orange County
California and loves smiling and being happy! That is a positive! I
haven't had a comp from Utah yet-- that is slim in the OEM. We have
had a great week so far and have loved working hard together.
This week at district meeting we talked about setting goals and asking
inspired questions. We listened to a talk by Elder Maxwell and he said
something that has been on my mind a lot! God has loved us and known
us for a long time. That really struck my heart as I listened to his
words. We only have a short time on the earth. We have to do things
now! I can't wait tomorrow, cause I might not have a tomorrow. I can't
comprehend just how much God loves me. I get to feel that love as I
meet people and share the gospel. I'm grateful that I know where I
came from. I have purpose and meaning to my life. If I am faithful, I
can return back to my Father in Heaven. What an amazing plan this is!
We had a blast at the coast last week! We got to play football on the
beach with the Elders. The weather was really nice. It didn't start
raining until the drive home. It was pretty hilarious... S. Abbott
went to touch the water, well it creeped up on her and she got soaked
up to her waist. She had to run a good 200 yards till she was on dry
ground. haha. I think that was one of my fav p-days so far!
Josh Cline was baptized on Saturday. His older brother, Chris got to
baptize him. It was so great!! I loved the change in this whole
family. It makes me so happy to see them grasp onto the gospel and not
let go. I got to sing at the baptism and the ward mission leader
insisted that I record it.. so I got to record it. haha, I guess I am
going famous in Sweet Home. The ward is having a talent show and they
are not letting me get away without performing. I will send a copy
home. :)
The Thomas family are doing fantastic!! The night before S. Abbott
left, they had us over for dinner. Huck let us know that he believes
it all. I wanted to cry!! It has been amazing to see his countence
change and soften up. Instead of analyzing everything we say, he bears
testimony of what we say to his family. Wow. Katherine is still
searching and praying. Huck told us that they are making a lot of
progress. We are teaching the 2 kids and everything is so awesome!!
They will make it!
Diana has a date for Mother's Day. She has completely stopped all the
drugs and alcohol. She told us she never wants to do that again. Her
and her uncle, Allen, came to church yesterday and had a fantastic
time! Diana's eyes are filled with light. She told us she wants to be
obedient to ALL the commandments. She is never going to leave what she
knows, cause she is so much happier with God and Jesus.
I feel so blessed that Sweet Home has just blossomed. So many
wonderful people and miracles happen each day. I'm glad that the Lord
has given me this opportunity. I know I'm not supposed to have
favorites, but this is becoming a favorite of mine. I hope to stay
here a while longer!
We got to attend the YW Broadcast this week. I was so emotional as the
YW sang the opening choir piece. They said something about how they
were guardians of light. Gosh is was good.. listen to it if you didn't
get the chance. Anyways I just appreciated what Elder Eyring said
about gaining our own living testimony. We need that!! I was secretly
hoping that they would encourage every girl to serve a mission... they
are the best!! They also had a scripture in Romans 12:21 that I liked.
I cross refrenced it to Hel 5:7. We need to do good. Be the good
samaritan. Stand up for what you believe and live what you know is
right and true.
I'm so happy right now. I love being here in Oregon. Although the sun
shines, the people shine and the Lord shines on us. I love you all.
Have fun watching conference and don't forget to have a question in
mind!!

Love Sister Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment