I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

I know that when we give our will over to the Lord he blesses us soooo
much. That is really the only thing that we could ever give him. He
has given us everything else in the world. I know that at times I just
want to do things my own way, but His way is the best. I'm grateful
that I get to experience the trials and tests in my mission. I know
that these build my character and strengthen my testimony of the
gospel. 2 ways that we go thru trials are thru disobedience and God
helping us learn important lessons. I would hope that all trials come
thru the 2nd, it's no fun choosing the wrong and having to suffer the
consequences. By both, we still learn, or we should learn.
The Thomas' were interviewed last night and they all did fantastic!
The moment Jessie walked thru the door she was white as a ghost. She
was SO nervous. Poor girl. She just wanted to get it over with! I am
so excited for this family and know that it will be a wonderful
experience on Thursday to see them all get baptized. The ward was
having a hay-day! They are so welcoming and supportive of their
decision. So great!
We got a very heartbreaking phonecall yesterday, it really put me in a
funk. The Nunn's-- they were baptized in February-- told us that they
wanted to back off for a bit. They have felt really overwhelmed being
new in the gospel and aren't sure if they are ready to continue coming
to church and having people teach in their home. Gosh, I just sat and
cried when I found out. They said that they might have been just
filling a void after they lost their little baby and weren't sure if
they truly were ready when they got baptized. :( They told us that we
could still make contact everyonce in a while, but just needed some
time. They haven't been reading, praying or coming to church. I know
that Satan will attack us and pull at us when we are at our weakest
point. I know that he is working hard on that family. The dad is
reactivating, but has struggled with his testimony over the years. I
know they will pull thru eventually, but that is something that I
didn't want to hear. Please pray for their family.
We get to teach Diana's uncle, Al. He is a funny guy. He had 2 strokes
within the last 10 years and it has really messed up his speech. I
have a hard time understanding what he says most of the time, but he
knows a lot about the church and has a testimony of it all. We asked
him to quit smoking and drinking coffee-- he said he would do it for a
wife! He wants to get married so bad. He explained that he has a
brother that is a member of the church and was learning with him years
back. When we taught about the book of mormon and Joseph Smith, he
told us that he knew it was true. I love when people bear their
testimony about the gospel. Al came to church yesterday and enjoyed
getting to know everyone in the ward... this ward is bomb at
fellowshipping!!
Invitation sunday was this week and we had a few new people at the
ward. Aidie is a12 year old that is a daughter of a less active. We
get to go over to her home this week and teach her. I am so excited!!
This girl is so sweet, but super shy.
Again, I am so blessed to be learning so much on my mission. Heavenly
Father is so real. He hears and answeres my prayers. I love Him so
much and am grateful to have the gospel in my life. I love you all!
Take care, until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment