I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

Diana Johnson got baptized on Friday!! It was such a miracle week for
sure! We had a lesson on Wednesday and she asked if she could move the
baptism up to the weekend. It was her birthday on the 1st and she
really wanted to do it before she went out of town for a 2 weeks. It
was such a great experience. She was SO HAPPY!! Gosh, it was a cool
experience to see all my prayers answered as she turned her life
around from all the drugs and alcohol. The gospel is true and Jesus
Christ's atonement can free us from the hurt, pain and suffering. I
was able to see that with my own eyes as I was able to be around
Diana. I love that lady so much!! She kept saying, "we need to find
more people to baptized!" So glad that happened this week :)
We went over to the Thomas families house this last week and Katherine
told us that she went without coffee for 5 days, and had been reading
the book of mormon each day. After the first night of reading, she was
on her way to take her son to an activity and she felt this peace
surround her. She recognized that it was the spirit. She wanted to
keep reading longer than 5 minutes each night (we told her to do at
least 5 min a day) because she wanted to know what was next. She said
it just drew her in each time she read.... with that, she said that
they wanted to get baptized as a family on the 21st of this month. You
have no idea how happy I was!! I could have screamed for joy, instead
we waited until we left and S. Smith and I flipped out. haha. The
daughter said that I was beaming! I love this family so much and I am
so excited for them. As we have taught this last week I have seen a
miracle occur. The parents are taking time to teach their kids as we
talk about the plan of salvation. They each bear testimony of what we
say. Such a great sight to see!!! I am so thrilled for them. Such a
great opportunity to know their family. So great!
We found Vernell this week. It just so happens that she is dating
someone in Eugene. She loves motorcycles, has a big rose tatoo on her
foot and is so sweet! She was so interested in the book of mormon and
kept saying stuff about the guy she was dating. I think she believes
it all. I'm excited to keep teaching her.
Stephanie Morelock, rc in Santa Clara texted me this weekend and her
and Omar are engaged!! They are getting married sometime in June or
July. So happy for them, even more happy that they get to go to the
temple in October at her 1 year mark!! Baptisms are great, Temple is
fabulous!
General Conference was amazing!! S. Smith and I have been talking a
lot about families and I was so grateful that I was prepared to hear
the cousel from the General Authories about the family and how
important they are to the world. I especially loved E. Perry's
talk.... thanks mom and dad for making us stay in our sunday clothes
:). I loved Elder Robbins talk about being and doing. I thought about
people I admire and when you take away talents, abilities and careers,
what kind of character do they have? I enjoyed his counsel on being. I
loved E. Holland's talk and his witness of President Monson being an
angel here for us. I appreciated all the testimonies and counsel. I
hope that you all had a wonderful time watching it!!
I am thankful to be a member of this church. I love that it makes me
happy and helps me in my life. I'm blessed to have such a good family
that raised me to do good. I love that Christ is our perfect example
and the only way back to full happiness with our Father in Heaven. I
love you all!

Love Sister Glasgow

1 comment:

  1. I haven't checked in for awhile, and I am really missing out! Sister Glasgow is an amazing missionary, and you can feel the enthusiasm and excitement when you read this blog! Just makes me want to go out and teach someone! So happy for you & your whole family! We sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete