I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

This week was interesting to say the least. We got to meet some really
cool, weird, funny and lost people. I thought that by the end of the
week everything was gonna crash and burn, but it didn't and it never
will. As long as the Savior is on our side, we can never fail.
We went to visit this girl Jamie. She used to meet with missionaries
and we asked if she wanted to continue to learn. She was outside with
4 men. They were all drinking and partying. I was a little nervous to
be around them, okay really nervous, so I tried to keep my distance.
She was super nice and asked if we could come back next week when her
17 year old son was home cause she wanted him to learn. Before we
left, those 4 men started to talk with us. One guy was Hindu and he
told us of his cousin that is a Monk and how all of us need to do
that. Another guy kept yelling, "are you mad at me? Why aren't you
talking to me? I'm so sorry I don't go to church." A guy also came up
to us and shook our hands and told us he was a mormon, but wasn't
living like he should. He apologized over and over again. The last guy
insisted that we tell him we were Jehovah's Witnesses. I wanted to get
out of there asap. As we were walking away, the Hindu asked us if we
would go on a date with him. He LOVED S. Kaufusi and told her that she
was so beautiful and loved brown people (he was brown too). He looked
at me and told me "no offense, I just love the dark skin. You are
beautiful too!!" He tried to get one of the men to hand him a pen so
he could call us after our missions. Man, it was hilarious, but I'm so
glad we got outta that sit.
All of our investigators canceled on us this week. It was a huge
bummer. We knocked on a lot of doors this week. Last night I just
wanted to find someone so bad. At 8:30pm we found Destiny and Nathan.
They have 2 little girls and just moved into there house 3 weeks ago.
Nathan was in the ARMY and has studied many different religions. He
isn't interested in anything right now, but he wants his girls to
learn. His gf or wife, Destiny, has been to the church growing up. Her
mom is really active on the coast. We get to meet with her and her
little girls this week. I was so glad that Heavenly Father answered
our prayers.
This week I learned a lot about patience and diligence. I know that
even if people don't listen, it still helps me. I am building my
character and strengthening my testimony each time I talk with
someone. Yes, I can help other people, but in the end I am truly
learning more about myself than anything else. God has poured out his
richest blessings to my comp and I. I feel so happy to have the
gospel. It gives me strength to keep moving forward. One elder taught
me that we can't fully apply the Atonement until we are "at one" with
all of God's children. We have to love everyone and love ourselves.
There is no reason to have contention or anger. God wants us to love
him and love our neighbors.. that is the great commandment.
I hope everyone is having a good summer!! Happy Father's Day to all
the Father's around the world! I love my Dad! He is the greatest! :)

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment