I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 13, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hey Fam
As I read Cedar's email I just had to laugh at his letter. He said "so
yep- this week was tough. thats the only honest way to say it. while
you guys were all in cali, my comp and i were trucking it up and down
our area getting rejected and rejected some more." My week was pretty
much the same. I didn't know if I was gonna make it thru. Phew. We
tracted yesterday for a good chunk of the day. At one street there
were 3 people in a row that slammed the door and said some not nice
things. I about lost it. I feel so bad that people don't want to hear
what we have to say. I just kept praying and praying that Heavenly
Father would lead us to some people to teach. I have faith that we can
find, but it might take longer than I would like.
Our investigators pretty much all dropped us this week. Delbert is the
only one that we are really teaching, but he is still waiting for his
divorce to go thru. When he came to the lesson on Thursday night he
was super drunk. He was slurring his words, couldn't walk straight and
couldn't read anything out of the Book of Mormon. I hope that he can
get over his addictions.
We met this guy Taras and taught him 2 times. The 2nd lesson he told
us that he didn't believe anything that men write, so he doesn't
believe the Bible because men are flawed. He went on to talk about
Adam and Eve and about the creations and God. I couldn't understand
where he was getting all of this knowledge because it was all out of
the Bible. We asked him during the 1st lesson if he read the Bible, he
said no. The 2nd lesson we asked him again, and he said he read it 20
times or more. It was a frustrating lesson. We told him that the only
was he was going to know was if he prayed and asked God. When we
invited him to, he said nope. We left his house and are not going
back. I can't believe some peoples arguments.
Today we met this lady that investigated the church a few years back.
She invited us into her home and talked about how she found out that a
lady needed some help and prayed to God for a Christian person to come
and help. We knocked on the door only after 15 minutes. She talked
about the importance of listening to the spirit and not letting other
things guide us in the wrong direction. Anyways, she gave us this
ladies info and I'm excited to get a hold of her. Before we left, we
asked if we could pray with her. The lady raised her hands up in the
air and praised Jesus as she spoke. It was great. :)
Amongst all the rejection and great lessons :) I got to go to
Springfield/ Eugene for the wedding of Steph and Omar Farah!! OMG it
was so great to see them!! I told Omar that I would be coming, but
Steph had NO idea. I totally surprised her. They both looked fabulous.
The wedding was outside on a cloudy, but warm day. We didn't get to
stay that long, but I was so happy I was able to attend. They looked
so happy and I know they will be even happier when they get sealed
next year.
I got to go with Sister Britton for exchanges. We had a way cool
experience. We were tracting and I felt like we needed to walk further
down and maybe even to a different street. We walked around and came
to a cross road. As we looked both ways we didn't know where we needed
to be. I saw a person peeking above a car and decided to go that way
to talk to them. The lady, Marguarite let us sit down with her and
talk. She was from Germany and knows a bit about the church. She was
so sweet and we taught the 1st lesson. She is excited to learn more.
That experience really helped me to see that God answers prayers and
he sets people in our paths. I am determined to find those elect that
God is preparing for me to meet this week!!
I love you all. I am doing great. We went back to the Wildlife Safari
today. I love the giraffes. :)
Tomorrow is Zone Conf. President and Sister MacDonald are leaving on
the 20th, so this will be my last time to see them. I'm gonna cry!! I
love them so much and am so grateful for the wonderful things they
have taught me. They made a HUGE impact on me and I will be forever
grateful for their service in the OEM.

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment