I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20th

This week was a little bit slow. We are making plans for Stephanie's baptism. Gosh she is so prepared and listens to everything that she is taught and takes it and runs with it. I wish everyone was like that! We talked about the Word of Wisdom last week and she used to drink coffee smoothies, but she is has changed to drinking steamers. Wow she is great!! We had a little mix up because she lives in the 2nd ward, attends the 1st ward, but when she is baptized she will go to Omar's ward which is the 6th ward. Gosh I was going nuts trying to figure out who would conduct the baptism. Basically, one of the bishops finally said, I don't care where or who, just get her baptized. haha he doesn't mess around. I am glad that everything is starting to work itself out. Stephanie and Omar had us over for dinner this week. They are dating still, so it was kinda awkward to be around them all cuddly and stuff.... ehhh. Anyways they are great. Brad and Jackie are alright. They won't keep any of their commitments. Reading from the Book of Mormon and praying together is like pulling teeth for them. They come up with all these excuses.... but we still pray for them and know they will start to progress. Jackie had her interview and she won't find out until Tuesday if she gets the job or not. We are going to have the lesson at the church building on Tuesday, so I hope they will be able to feel the spirit and get a move on finding and learning for themselves. So we had a great lesson with Khaleel on Tuesday. He felt the spirit and we showed him the church building. He really enjoyed it and even cried as we were talking. He has come from a rough situation and just wants more peace in his life. Well we set up another time to meet with him on Thursday. On Thursday morning I had a feeling that we should call him and just double check that he wouldn't be going back to Saudi Arabia-- we can't teach Muslims if they plan on going back because they could be killed-- He told us that he plans on visiting for a couple months every few years, but never living there. I called my district leader and we are not allowed to teach him. I was crushed, I didn't want to call him back and tell him, but I did. I told him that we couldn't and he just started to thank us for helping him and start him on the right path. He was sad, but told us that he had the Book of Mormon and that we would continue to read it. Man.... that was a bummer. Oh yeah it was also a bummer that we didn't get in contact with Miguel or Kim this week.... I think they are hiding from us. Sad! Laura Anderson had us over this week too. She was just wanted to fight with us the whole time. I felt like I had to be on the defense and was angry while we were there. I was not feeling the spirit and I didn't like it at all!! ahh. I finally just bore my testimony and told her that she needs to read and pray and then we can come back. whaaaa! We haven't found any new investigators, but have found so many potential people, they just don't know that they are ready. I feel so blessed to be in the area. It is rich with people that need this gospel. It also has more people that slam doors, but I just laugh at those things. This week it has been raining, drizzling and misting all day. We were out on Wednesday and didn't think it was going to rain, so we didn't have our jackets with us, well it started to poor. My clothes were soaked, my once straight hair, was ridiculously curly and frizzy. Yuck! I carry my rain jacket in the car wherever we go!
Today we were supposed to go to the coast, but we couldn't find anyone that would take us. BUT we decided to go explore. We found Spencer's Butte. Wow it was GORGEOUS!! It was a little rainy, but because of the thick shrubs and trees, we didn't get wet. It was about a mile hike and wasn't hard at all! I love the green here! I took tons of pics, but I don't have my cord with me, bug, but I will send some next week. The rain doesn't do so well with my hair, it just gets way frizzy. Ponytails are good :)
S. Stoehr and I have so much fun here! Last night we had laugh fest 2010. I couldn't stop laughing and my stomach hurt so bad.... we like to have fun together! We haven't found anymore spiders in our apt for the last couple days, but they are all outside--
This week we had combined district meeting. We started a program on Sunday. I am very excited to work so hard over the next 2 weeks. We are using our phone like crazy and contacting the less active members in the ward. We went to the Thompson's last night. The lady, Gwen opened the door and let us right in. Her husband is less active and she isn't a member. She said that everyone has been trying to convert her, but she believes everything.... hmmmm. I shared a scripture with her and she was so impressed with the verse. I asked her if she had ever read the Book of Mormon or taken the discussions... she hadn't read, but she had missionaries teach her. I asked if she would read 3 Ne 11. She accepted and we will check up with her.
These last few months I have learned so much. We are constantly learning and studying and applying the things that we know. I have found good and bad, but most of all I have been happy. When I work hard, I feel so much better. I am so grateful to be in Santa Clara and Junction City. The wards are starting to improve and starting to help us. Yesterday at church we spoke to all the priesthood and told them that they basically needed to help us. We had a few people come and give us some names.... we are still working with them.
Well I hope you all have a fantastic week. I received many letters from you all and that made me super happy!! Nothing better than getting letters in the mail! I hope you all have opportunities to share the gospel. It is so important, don't let those moments pass you by. Share it!!! Like Elder Glasgow said... the church is perfect. I see that more and more and I know it is true. It is perfectly organized, because we have the perfect person at the center of it all. Believe in him and act!! I love you all!!!!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment