I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 27, 2010

Hello from beautiful Oregon!
Today was a BLAST!! We went to the Coast!! We went to Florence. Jordan Bair took us and her little 13 month old girl Brooklyn. She is a doll. We had so much fun. The Coast is breathtaking! I just sat on the beach and soaked up all the beauty :)!! We got to see TONS of sea lions. President told us that we could put our feet in the water. We were walking down the beach and a huge wave came in. My back was turned and just as I looked the waves were coming right for me and little Brooklyn. I didn't know what to do, so I quickly scooped her up in my hands and ran away. It was really weird to hold a baby again. I miss holding cute Avery. I was so glad that I was near her and was able to get her away from the waves. The coast rocks!!
Stephanie had her interview on Sunday night. She was so terrified, but she did great and is set to be baptized on Friday. This week we are going over to watch the Testaments with her. I am so excited for her. She is beaming and so happy. We also got to go to the Gen Relief Society meeting with her... she loved hearing the women and the prophet speak. Ditto.
Brad and Jackie are doing okay. Jackie didn't get the job that she applied for, so now she really can't come to church. We are still praying for her. This week we are going to ask them if they want to move the baptism date back cause they are not ready, or we might have to stop going over if they don't progress. They love having us over, but they don't keep commitments. Pray that they will have a desire to learn and grow. They need this soooo bad!!
This week Sister Losee and I got to go on exchanges!! As we were talking at night I said "haha this is kinda funny, we are having a sleepover in Oregon together!!" She is so much fun! I loved spending the day with her! We had a really neat experience. We were tracting some apt and we met Melissa. We asked if we could come back the next day and share more, she wanted us to. So we gave her a BOM and left our number with her and left. A couple hours later, we were on the opposite side of town. We saw a lady outside,she wasn't interested. We saw some boys smoking in their car, they weren't interested, but they told us to go talk to the two girls on the opposite side of the street. We went over and met Danika and Jodie. Danika was really interested and asked us to come back, but she wanted us to go to her apt. Well as she told us the number, I was in awe because she told us the same number that Melissa lived in. We talked to the roommates at separated times and complete opposite sides of the town. It was amazing!! Kind of a bummer that we haven't been able to teach them yet, but we have an appointment this week.
I had a really neat experience and my testimony was strengthened by the power of the priesthood. We met Heather. She is addicted to pills and wants to quit and make some changes in her life so she can be happy. We had our ward mission leader and another brother from the Junction City ward give her a blessing. It was great to be in the home and feel the darkness turn to light as they promised her blessings according to her faithfulness. It was really neat. Heather has lost her job, house, car and her 6 year old daughter. She had to be out of her house on Sunday night, so we can't see her anymore, but I was grateful to have had so many wonderful experiences as we taught and listened to her. Pray that we will get a hold of her again and find out where she moved.
We found out that Vince AND his cousin are being taught by the elders! We called him up to make sure that he was doing alright and he sounded so happy. He doesn't have a baptismal date, but we are hoping it will be soon :) (we couldn't teach him anymore cause he is single and the elders that are over the singles ward are teaching him now .)
This week was good. I am so excited for this week to start!! So many wonderful things are underway! Lots of people to find and teach.
I am grateful for the Prophet President Monson. It was confirmed to me again that he is the Prophet on the earth. He hold all the keys and knows how to help all of us. I am looking forward to conference weekend... especially to see Stephanie get baptized!! Good day, Good week. :) I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment