I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010

So the transfer was rough. I cried like a baby when I had to leave.
The elders in the transfer van were so scared to say a peep to me. As
we were driving away I realized that I should be happy to go to a new
area, meet new people and share the gospel with the people in Sweet
Home. I thought a lot about my area and the miracles that I was able
to see. I learned so many things from the people and my comp. BUT I
LOVE Sweet Home!! I was really nervous that I would hate the area and
just want to go back to Eugene, but I absolutely love it. Plus my
comp, Sister Nelson is bomb! Her and I get along great and we have so
much fun! She is from Houston, Texas... I haven't had a comp from Utah
yet.. haha!! She likes sports and we are the same kinda person. I love
talking with her and we work super hard!! We taught more lessons this
week than I ever have in my mission. So many people are prepared in
Sweet Home, it's great!!
First off, I know that I was sent here for a reason.. first being the
Dablos- Udiarte Family!! It is a really long story and lots of
backtracking in order to tell the story, but in short. We talked to
people, got referrals and found this sweet family!! The day we finally
contacted them we had 30 minutes to spare and they invited us in and
we talked about the Book of Mormon. We went back and asked them if
they read and they did!! Hallelujah! The mom said that she started
crying when she started reading, she said that "maybe that was my
answer to know it is true." It felt so good to be with there family!
The ward had a Thanksgiving dinner and they came and were
fellowshipped by everyone. It was great! I wish I had more time to
tell the cool story, but I will get a chance someother time. I just
know that the Lord was guiding us and giviing us the strength to
everyone that we saw so that we could find this family!
Luke has been investigating for about 7 months and is getting baptized
this Saturday which is really cool. He is kinda a goofy guy, but he
loves the gospel and has a testimony. Oh yeah.... the Elders in Santa
Clara called me on my bday and told me that Kevin and Robin are
getting baptized on the 27th... Saturday!! I am so stoked cause I get
to go back to Eugene for the baptism!! The daughter, Yaya is getting
baptized on Christmas by her dad Kevin.... so tight!! I love that
fam!!
We had so many investigators at church yesterday. The Lord has really
blessed this area. I am grateful to be here. Endless amount of
miracles already and more coming.
My birthday was good. I got my package on Wednesday and Sister Nelson
hid it so I couldn't open it until Saturday morning. Thank you so much
for it!! I loved the outfit!! The night before I left Eugene,
Stephanie and Omar took me out to Beppe and Gianni's Italian
Restaurant.... sooooo gooooodd!! They got me cake and cupcakes and
sang happy bday to me. They also gave me a gift card, so I bought some
boots, my feet are nice and warm now. The whole zone sang happy bday
to me on friday. All in all it was a good day, we taught lots of
lessons, I was glad I didn't have to tract on my bday :)! Thanks for
all the bday wishes, it meant a lot to me!
So it snowed yesterday. Yeah, snow!!! Not really, it is super cold
here and will only get colder. It's in the 20's, 30's and 40's. I wish
I was in AZ weather.
Sweet Home is great. Not much to do here. Everyone smokes, no one is
married, and they live off the govt. BUT I love it still! There is a
lot of work to do, but I am so excited!! We only have one ward and
they are so great!! They all want to help. The youth are rockstars,,,
they always invite friends to mutual and church. We take the laurels
with us on apts. The work is great!!! I have been able to focus on the
work and that has kept me busy so I don't think about Eugene.
Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day. Don't get hurt playing football,
eat lots of pie and the next day have fun shopping and eating turkey
sandwiches!!!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment