I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

This week I was so grateful to practice more patience and love for the
people in Sweet Home. Some days it is easy and the days when I want to
work on it, the Lord shows me and teaches me thru experiences. A few
days ago, we went out to visit a part member family and this cute
little pup comes running up to us. It was rainy all day and so the
yard was muddy. At first it didn't really do anything, but then it
jumped right up on my skirt. Sister Nelson, Sister Abbott and I all
had muddy paw prints from this dumb little dog. We went home and
changed and found that we had a flat tire. We had to meet a member at
the church and go on splits so we arranged things around. S. Abbott
and S. Nelson took the car in and I walked around town with a member.
It was a cold, ghost town in Sweet Home, no one was out. I was so
frustrated and had no idea what I needed to do. I was pretty sure the
lady I was with was praying that we wouldn't find anyone to talk with
cause she was scared out of her mind... It ended up not so great for
the 40 minutes I was with her. I knew that I didn't have a lot of
patience and love that day. I realized that I failed that day, but I
am glad that we get to try again to be more Christlike.... so
yesterday I put it to the test again. The member that we live with
picked up a lady up off the street that needed a ride home, Jennifer.
We met with her last night. She is spunky and a little bit nuts, but I
love her. As we taught her about the Book of Mormon, my heart went out
to her. It didn't matter that she wore bright red lipstick, 3 puffy
jackets, fur boots and heavy eye makeup. She was a child of god in my
eyes and I wanted her to feel love from Heavenly Father and me. During
our meeting she looked at us and said that she felt love from us and
thanked us. She has really been searching for truth and good in the
world. She LOVES Jesus, she even showed us a drawing on her hand of
Jesus. I felt like I had a glimps of what my Heavenly Father wanted me
to learn about love and patience this week. When we are baptized we
promise to take upon ourselves Christ's name--- all his actions,
words, characteristics... even patience and love. I am grateful that I
can think about those things and put them to action. I'm so exctied to
teach Jennifer, she's a hoot, but I love her and know that she NEEDS
the gospel!!
As for other news, Tiffany and Shelby are still getting baptized in a
few weeks. We get to have FHE with them tonight. We are gonna play
Don't Eat Pete... I'm glad that our family did FHE each week. Both my
comp's didn't grow up doing that... they were deprived of that!!
We got permission to go to the PORTLAND TEMPLE this Saturday!! Yahoo!!
I am so excited!! Both Homer, Luke and Jacob are all going to do
baptism and since they are recent converts, we get to go! I am so
excited to see that temple! Not sure if we will have time to do a
session, but just being inside will be wonderful. I miss that!
I get to go hang with Sister Losee tonight in Willamina for a day. I
am excited to be with her again. She's a bomb missionary and I always
learn so much from her. ;)
I love you all. Have a good week... keep sending me all the good news.

Love Sister Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment