I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

So it is official.... I am in a trio with Sister Nelson, and back with
my trainer Sister Abbott!! It has been crazy with 3 beds, 3 dressers
and 3 desks in our small little place, but we have cozied up to one
another and have had a good time so far. It is a bit awkward to tract
with 3... still don't know how we are gonna work that one. haha.
The New Year's was good. It was my half way mark, so we ate reeses
pieces and celebrated. We were in bed by 10:30pm and the new year came
in while I was sleeping. Honestly it doesn't feel like it is already
2011. Kinda bugged by that. Time is flying by!
So this week was sweet! Brant and April are still planning on marriage
at the end of the month. We taught about overcoming addictions and
read the talk from Conference called Oh that cunning plan of the evil
one by Elder Ballard. As I taught, I was able to learn something new
about the Atonement that I never really considered before. I love when
I have words come out of my mouth that the spirit teaches me. I am
grateful for obedience. The more obedient I am the more I am able to
be worthy of the spirit. I am lost without it.
Homer is getting baptized. He used to drink, but told us that he would
quit. He said that his faith will help him overcome... he hasn't had
any yet, so that is awesome!! I am grateful that he was super
prepared. He wants to follow Heavenly Father and do what ever it takes
to have a change of heart. I learn so much from my investigators. They
make me want to work harder at being good.
Yesterday this lady Julia May showed up at church and we are going to
teach her this week... Sweet!! I love that! It was fast and testimony
meeting and 16 students from Seminary stood up and bore their
testimonies of the Book of Mormon. I didn't realize why so many people
stood up the second the Bishop sat down and invited people to bear
testimony, but I soon realized that everyone in the class stood up at
the same time. It was an army of kids... I got the major chills as I
sat and listened to their testimonies. The youth rock, hopefully the
parents can learn from them.
I pierced Sister Nelson's ears last week. It was sad.... she got sad
cause it hurt so bad. She didn't like the earrings she first put in,
so she changed them.... we couldn't find the hole. So I had to poke it
a little bit to get it in. Oh the joy of being a missionary. haha.
This last week was great. We are finding and teaching and the work is
progressing. I know the Lord needed 3 of us hear... we should be doing
double the work. That puts a lot of pressure, but it is such a great
blessing to see the hand of the Lord in our lives. He guides us and
uses us as instruments in his hand. When I am ready, he is always
ready to help me.
I'm excited for the new year. I have made many goals that I am excited
to accomplish. Ones that will help me stretch. I want to look back in
life and see the my potential reached.
I hope you have had a wonderful Holiday Season. I love you all!! I
hope to hear from you all!!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment