I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010

It was so great to call home and talk to you family!! I was really
nervous leading up to noon, but felt so good when I heard all of your
voices. I could picture you all in the front room hanging out and it
felt like I was just down the street. I loved hearing about the fun
things you are all doing.. thanks for the updates. I was so glad that
I got to talk with Ceds for a few minutes, glad that i got to surprise
him. That was a blessing to hear his voice... I didn't cry too much
either! I had a good rest of the day. Well.... kinda awkward. haha.
We went to a families house to say hello ( we were supposed to have
dinner with them, but had to cancel cause we had to be in Corvallis at
6pm). It was super awkward. I didn't know the family and I felt like a
loser just stopping by on them. They were making xmas dinner and it
was just weird. We jetted out as fast as we could. We had about 3
hours until we had to leave, so we decided to go early to Corvallis
and walk around campus or something, but we forgot our coats and it
was raining. We ended up going into Safeway and buying a bagel and
some Martinelli's. We are our bagels in the car. We didn't have a
bottle opener so we had to pry it open with some keys. The bottle kept
oozing out and it was sticky and all over our pants and hands. It was
mess... but it was a xmas dinner that I will always remember :). That
night we played SPEED with the elders, had a white elephant gift
exchange and then made mini smores with some lighters. It was a great
day. I was worried that it would distract me from the work, but on
Sunday we got down to business and it was a great day.
Homer is still getting baptized on the 8th of January. We are stoked
for him. One of our RC- Luke, has been fellowshipping him and
hopefully will get to baptize Homer--that would be sweet!!
I feel more settled about Transfers now. Sister Abbott will be a great
addition to Sweet Home. We are going to be in a trio only for 6
weeks... I just know that we will have a blast. I am so glad that
Sister Nelson is going to be staying with us too. So we had to
rearrange our room. We have 2 beds and a trundle bed, 3 desks, a huge
entertainment Center... all in a room that is 20x 25 sq ft. haha, we
are gonna be super tight this transfer.
I feel so blessed to have it so good. I love being a missionary right
now. Sometimes I feel like I am living a dream and that everyone's
life is on pause. I have had some amazing experiences this week and I
am grateful that prayers have been answered. The Lord is very aware of
the people in Sweet Home and lives are being changed.
Thanks again for all the xmas cards and packages. I had a wonderful
xmas!! I love you all... have a Happy New Year!!

Love Sister Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment