I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

Hey!
So this week was great! We tracted more this week than I have in a
LONG time, but it was great. I needed that.
We went over to Brant and April's last night.. btw they are from
Showlow... and we made stop smoking signs to put up all over the house.
We brought them grapefruit juice, mouthwash, gum and vitamin C. They
are really excited to start to stop. haha. They made some funny signs.
Brant was way into it. He had some that said.. "I don't want Cancer"
"Do it for your kids" Smoking Sucks" "Get rid of that Death Stick" It
was so fun to be over there. The boys, Brayden (15) and Maceo (6) also
made signs. I love being around them. I have been able to see a change
in them over the last 3 weeks that I have been here. It is truly
amazing what the gospel can do for people. That makes me so happy. So
they officially started last night, pray for them. They are gonna need
it!! I know they can do it. They want to quit so bad, but the
addiction is terrible. The next few weeks might be rough, but it was
awesome to talk about Faith and Jesus Christ with them. They are
praying and reading the Book of Mormon. They want to change so they
can be baptized, so sweet!
We got some referrals in the ward this week... actually like 10
referrals. One of them was a for Thomas and Tiffany. He is a less
active member and hasn't been to church is years. Tiffany isn't a
member. We were sent over there to share a message with them about the
Atonement and the Plan of Salvation. We found out that she lost her
baby a week ago. She was 5 months pregnant and her water broke. She
was very positive and held it together really well. We had an awesome
lesson with her. The spirit was super strong and I don't even remember
half the things that were said. It's lessons like those that I will
remember forever. We are going back this week to teach her and her 2
kids and reactivate the husband.
We had a challenge for the seminary students this week. We are trying
to see who can pass out the most BOM-- 22 students vs. S Nelson and I.
So far S Nelson and I are winning. It ends on thursday. It has been
great hearing about the stories of the kids giving them out. They were
all terrified to do it, but with lots of encouragement and prayer,
they are doing great. We read the talk Flooding the Earth with the
Book of Mormon by President Benson. I love that talk so much. I have
come to love the Book of Mormon as I study it each day. We are blessed
to have a guide book to life. We don't have to worry and wonder about
what we should do. Our Heavenly Father wants us to return to live with
him and the way to do it is available to each of us. I have come to
love sharing this message with everyone.
I am getting so excited for Xmas to come in less than 2 weeks. Can't
believe it is already here. Last time I called, I cried. I don't want
to do that again. I also don't want to talk about time, countdown to
when I come home or when I get home we are gonna.... I think that will
be too hard for me. K? Get your Q's ready for me and NO CRYING!! I
love you all so much and am so grateful to have a family that is so
awesome. I appreciate all that you do for me. This will be a Christmas
to remember :)

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment