I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Hey all!! Merry Christmas... I am so looking forward to calling home.
Will be a great present!
This week was great. We went on exchanges and I got to go with Sister
Abbott!! We had a blast talking about good ol Central Point and
Goldhill again. We found this sweet guy, Homer, while tracting. His
step mom is a less active member of the church. We gave him a tour of
the church on Friday. He showed up in a white shirt, black pants, and
a xmas tie. WOW that was sweet!! He came to church and the xmas devo
last night for the ward. He is solid.. gonna be baptized in the
beginning of January.
We had a challenge with the seminary students this past week.... Who
could pass out the most Book of Mormons in a week. 22 Seminary kids
vs. Sister Nelson and I. The kids handed out 17 BOM!!! I was soooo
proud of them, especially seeing that they beat us by 3. It was great
to here of the stories of giving them out to the people they truly
loved and cared about. They even had stipulations about handing them
out... they had to explain it, bear testimony and invite them to read
it. Those kids are AWESOME!! They KNOW how to do missionary work. We
lost so we brought them breakfast on Saturday. If we won, then they
would all have to get up and bear their testimonies on fast sunday...
I still hope some of them will. Most of the kids said that the friends
they talked with were really excited to read it. One boy tried to give
out 5 and was rejected all 5 times. The last person he tried to give
it to told him that "I would burn it if you gave that to me." He
pushed thru the rejection and is still looking to give someone a BOM
before the end of the year. Sweet!! They all were positive and we
talked about the importance of inviting. That is all that we can do.
That is where the success lies. It was a great experience for me to
see that missionary work can be done as a normal person too. They are
awesome examples to me. :)
So last night was one of the greatest things I have ever done in my
whole life. I read the Book of Mormon from 8pm- 3:30am last night. It
took me 7 1/2 hours to do it, but I finished front to back. It was
AMAZING!! I had some great experiences. I love the Book of Mormon. My
testimony grew so much in one night. I didn't think that I could do
it, but I stuck threw and did it. Thanks to some carrots, popcorn and
starbursts. We made some pretty funny videos thru it all cause we were
super tired. S Nelson did it in 9 hrs. I was grateful to do it and I
will remember that experience for the rest of my life. If you haven't
read the BOM before, do it!! It will change your life. I love it so
much.
Well I am looking forward to Christmas. I have loved reflecting on my
Savior and the things that I have been given in my life. It is such a
great time to be on a mission. I love the work, I love the Lord, I
love my family, and I love all of you!! I hope you all have a very
Merry Christmas and remember the reason of CHRISTmas. !! XOXO

Love Sister Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment