I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 11, 2001

We got to have interviews with President Young. I love that man so
>> much!! He just has this sparkle in his eye and he just builds us all
>> up! My interview went great.. I won't go into detail, but I just
>> really appreciate that time he spent with me and really helped my
>> testimony grow. He is called of God and has the keys to lead this
>> mission. I will never forget my experience with him as we talked about
>> Myrtle Creek and how we could move the work along. Prayers were
>> answered and tears were shed. I'm so grateful that I get to know him
>> and his sweet wife for a few months. It is a huge blessing to know and
>> serve with them.
>> After our interviews I went back to Central Point for exchanges! Omg I
>> felt like I went back into time as I stepped into my old apt and
>> visited with those that I taught over a year ago. It was amazing to be
>> back and see the people that I love so much!! 2 recent converts are
>> being sealed at the end of this month in the Medford Temple and I hope
>> that I can go down for it. I got to visit my sweet Lehenekr. She is so
>> special to me and it was nice to catch up on life, read scriptures and
>> bear my testimony to her again. I love that lady so much!! It was nice
>> to go back to the place I was born and get some of the new missionary
>> spirit back again... I was with a new missionary, S. Rose and she is
>> full of so much fire and enthusiasm. She would yell, "This is so
>> amazing! We have the gospel on the earth and it's perfect! We get to
>> tell that to everyone we see!!" It was so fun to be with her!
>> Delbert took a huge backslide. It broke my heart. We are no longer
>> teaching him.
>> We got to teach Destiny finally. She has been out of town and not able
>> to sit down with us. The lesson wasn't that great. I can see how
>> important daily contact is. She wants to get baptized, but feels like
>> she wants to meet with us for a long time so she knows everything. We
>> bore our testimonies and expressed that she won't know everything
>> right now, but she will know enough to get baptized in a few weeks.
>> She was willing to read and pray for an answer. She told us how God
>> has always answered her prayers and is confident she will get an
>> answer.
>> This man, Ron, showed up at church yesterday. He was looking for
>> fellowship and social activities. He is a chatter box and it's hard to
>> get a word in with him, but I'm grateful that we get to go tonight
>> over to a member's home to teach him more about the Gospel. That was a
>> great blessing that just kinda fell into our lap. Miracle.
>> Another girl, Christina, and her 3 little girls also showed up at
>> church. Bishop had met her in the middle of the week and she was
>> looking for some help. He invited her to church and she showed up. She
>> isn't ready to meet with us due to her living condition, but she has
>> agreed to come to church again and wants to take the lessons starting
>> next week. Miracle.
>> We have things called "Windows of Heaven" and it's where we pray to
>> the Lord to have an apt with an investigator at a certain time and
>> place. Last night we really worked hard at our window, called on the
>> powers of heaven and found this sweet girl, Tiphanie. She has a little
>> 2 year old boy. I was so happy when she opened the door and let us in
>> because not even 3 weeks ago we talked to her on the street and she
>> seemed interested, but was in a hurry and we didn't get any of her
>> info. She was happy to see us again and we were able to teach her
>> about the Book of Mormon and invite her to learn more. Miracle.
>> We stopped by to see a former investigator. Her mom answered the door
>> and informed us that her daughter passed away a year ago that day. I
>> was so sorry for her and didn't know how the mom was gonna react. She
>> just gave me a huge hug and looked up into the sky and said, "Angela
>> sent you here to me!" I guess that the daughter had a good Mormon
>> friend all growing up and really liked the church, but never joined.
>> The mother was so appreciative! I was so grateful we got to answer a
>> prayer and see how the Lord put us in the path of this sweet woman.
>> Although she doesn't want to meet with us right now, I know that when
>> missionaries go back, she will remember our visit and hopefully accept
>> the gospel. Miracle.
>> Miracles are happening every day. I'm so glad that my steps are being
>> guided each day. Heavenly Father 's plan is perfect and as we humble
>> ourselves and ask him for guidance, he will lead us to the right path.
>> My testimony has been strengthened this week and I feel so blessed to
>> have so many opportunities to share the gospel with people that I
>> truly love and care for.
>> Have a wonderful week! I love you all!!
>>
>> Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment