I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011



I am such a happy girl. Let me tell you all, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week. I had a great week. Honestly
nothing too out of the ordinary.. still had some dogs that almost bit
us, lots of door slams, people canceling apts, but I had a wonderful
attitude. I think Heavenly Father really opened up my eyes this week.
We taught this crazy guy Ron that came to church last week. He said he
doesn't believe in God and the word faith is "alien" to him. He said,
"I feel like a retirement center escapee talking to a bunch of high
school cheerleaders!" He was laughing so hard. S. kaufusi just looked
at him. The member that was with us said, "I think that you just
offended them, maybe you should say sorry." It was funny that he said
that. We are no longer teaching him. He just wants the social side of
everything.
Destiny wants to get baptized!! Yes! She explained that God had been
pushing her as she read the book of Mormon and she realized that it
was "her time". Very cool stuff.
I get to go to a sealing for Randy and Charlene-- from my first area--
this weekend. I am super stoked. Never been to a sealing, so it should
be a memory I will never forget. We get to have a slumber party with
S. Rose and S. Losee.
S. Nelson, S. Losee, S. Thain and S. Smith all leave in 11 days. I am
so sad!! We went to crater lake today with nelson and losee today. It
was fun seeing them one last time before they leave. I've been crying
all day. I hate losing my sister! It has been pouring the last few
days. I don't think I am gonna get a summer at all this year!! It was
foggy and poured all day at Crater Lake. It was an adventure!
Beautiful.
A story is told of a man that is told by the Lord to move a very heavy
boulder from one side of his house to the other. He works day by day
trying to roll over and budge this boulder. He does this for over a
year. He is able to finally push and push and struggle to make it over
to the side. At the end of the time, he looks back and sees how short
of a distance it really took. He then realizes how strong it made him.
He thanks the Lord. I like this. Sometimes in life we feel like the
Lord asks us to do very difficult things. As we obey, he makes us
stronger. We may not see a the huge fruits of our labors, but as we
examine ourselves, we see how much change has been made. I know that
as I follow my Heavenly Father, he in return helps me. I love this
work. I love all of you. I love the gospel and it has made me so
happy. I love bearing my testimony of these truths. I can't deny these
things. Each day it grows and grows.
I love you all. Be happy. I am doing wonderful!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment