I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

I have so much to write, but so little time to do it.
I want you all to know how much I love my new comp, Sister Singer!!
She and I get along super well. She reminds me of myself when I first
started my mission. She has a strong desire to do the work, but is
terrified at times. She has a rock solid testimony and brings the
spirit so strong in lessons. She is super cute and girly... haha, she
makes me look like a way frumpy sister missionary. :) I know that our
companionship was a miracle. All the trainers and new missionaries met
at Pyoungs and he interviewed them, we had dinner and then he called
us up one by one and said who we would be training. 5 sisters were
training and I was the last to get called up. The second the 4th
sister was called I ran over to my new comp and gave her a big hug.
That was a way stressful day and I was soooooo relieved when we were
called to be comps together. I am learning so much from her and I
needed her.
Okay so pink washing means that I have taken over a new area from the
elders and get to kinda start where they left off. The areas were both
in a dry spell, so we kinda had to start from the bottom and work our
way up. It has been a challenge, not gonna lie. I still feel
inadequate to do this, but I've seen so many miracles happen and can't
deny the fact the God is leading me and helping me move the work
forward in the area and helping me to train a new missionary. I've
been given so many blessings the last week. Oh yeah and this week has
seemed like a whole year. It has been really long. It is so nice to
get emails from everyone today. I needed this. :)
We had a baptism on sat for Gloria. The person giving the talk didn't
show up, so I ended up giving the talk. We also taught the gospel
princ. class and we get to speak in church in 2 weeks. I love the
Eugene 3rd ward!! They are all so fantastic and they loved that they
have new sisters. They love us so that made me feel good. We got super
excited to have them help us find the people that are prepared in
Eugene.
Eugene is great. The apt was an old elders apt for the last several
years. They cleaned it really well and it didn't even smell like boy.
yaya
We don't work in the office now. They didn't want us to because pyoung
feels really strong about us spending as much time in our area as
possible cause he feels that people are just waiting for the gospel.
I'm glad that I get to just focus on the area and helping s. singer
get comfortable with the work.... I debated telling her when I was
coming home, but within the first 10 min she asked me and I gave in.
She is super sad and nervous, but I'm glad I get to leave her with
things that helped me on my mission. Hopefully she will make use of it
and come out better because of it.
We haven't taught anyone all last week. We set up apt with new
investigators. A lot of the time we spent tracting and planning where
people live and just doing prepwork so we don't waste our time driving
all over the place. It has been good.
I feel like I have just rambled a bunch and I can't really express how
I am feeling, but maybe this gives you an idea of how my thoughts have
been the last week... nuts. :)
I love my new comp, I love being a missionary, I love Eugene, I love
Pyoung and I love my Heavenly Father and he is aware of me right now
and forever.
I love you all. Continue to write and pray for me. Thank you all! Love
and miss you!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment