I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011

Hello my family!

Here are the things going on in my life in Eugene.

1. Eric and Chantel are not ready for baptism yet. Chantel told us
that she feels like she doesn't know enough yet. She is super quiet
and it's hard for her to express her feelings and thoughts. This is
really frustrating! She loves learning and thinks it all could be
true, but isn't sure for 100%. I feel bad cause her husband told us
that he is basically ready to jump in the water, but he won't do it
unless she does. Pray for them. Eric is great. We took a recent
convert with us and she said how she struggles at times understanding
what she reads. Eric then told her that she should pray before she
reads and that would help a lot. haha. I just had to laugh cause Eric
isn't even a member!

2. We spoke in Eugene 3rd ward. I spoke about becoming a member
missionary. I was so grateful that I could share my thoughts of how we
can be prepared, why we do the work and how we can receive strength
and guidance. I know that my mission has helped me be better at
speaking in front of people and not having write out my talk word for
word. haha.

3. Elder Perry is coming to speak to us on Saturday!! yay!

4. I have prayed lately that I would be able to speak to people on a
level that they could see how the gospel could really benefit their
lives. As I did this, I had some amazing experiences. My tongue was
loosed and the words just came. So many times I find that I say the
same things to people and don't think about them as people who need
directions, direction that I could possibly lead them to if I would
just be that instrument that God wants me to be. Honestly, we didn't
get any return apts from those people, but it was an answer to my
prayer and it strengthened my testimony.

5. I love my life in Eugene! I see some weird, crazy, abnormal things.
The other day I saw a man with 5 long braids in his beard. He braided
these long blue ropes into them. When he walked, they dangled back and
forth. I also saw a man riding his bike with a unicorn point attached
to the helmet. Then again, countless girls with hairy pits and legs.
haha.

Those are a few of the things going on. I love this work so much. I
love my comp Sister Singer. She is so amazing and has a strong
testimony of the gospel. Heavenly Father has led us to speak to so
many amazing people and I know it will get better and better each day.
We choose how our day will be and as we follow the Savior, I know it
is even better.

Have a wonderful week!! Love you all!!

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment