I Love letters! Write me at:

55 W. 29th Ave. Ste. A
Eugene, OR 97405
or email me @ aubrey.glasgow@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

Hello my sweet family!
To start off I have to just tell you a funny story. The beginning of
my mission was so exhausting. My feet hurt, my back ached and I never
thought I would get a good night rest. Well, that hasn't changed too
much, I guess I have just gotten used to it. Well Sister Singer is so
amazing and I love her to death. She also has been super tired the
last week and as she was praying to go to a lesson, she paused for
about 7 seconds. I was kinda confused and didn't know what was going
on. I peeped my eyes open, looked over at her and she was asleep. Out
cold. haha. The work of a mission is so draining. I love her to death
and we still laugh about that all the time.
Let your light so shine. We had a wonderful combined district meeting
this week. We talked about the Matt 5 14-16. I loved being able to
think about light and what that does for us. I reflected of good
people in my life that have so much light and just beam when they are
around people. We talked about the world and how they need this light.
We can't hold back on anything. We will be held accountable for the
decisions we make and do not make. I was so touched to learn more and
more about this light that we each have as members of the gospel.
Christ commands us to "go ye into the world and preach my gospel to
every creature". We do that as we serve, love, invite help and
fellowship. This light will just radiate as we follow this counsel and
show God how much we love him.
We have been teaching a young couple that we invited to be baptized.
The husband automatically said yes, but the wife is really hesitant.
She is skeptical and has some trust issues because of her past. She
was abused, ran over, hair caught on fire and just tortured over and
over again by her family. Her husband wants to wait for her to make
the decision. They were taught by the elders a few months back and she
did not want to join the church at all. She told us that she feels
more ready and knows that her life is in a place where she wants more
God and Christ. I hope we can set a date with them this week.
My comp and I are having a lot of fun together. I love being able to
just talk and help her learn things about the mission. It's amazing
what my testimony has grown into since I've been with her. I have had
to be a lot more confident in my savior and have leaned on his
guidance to know what the heck I am supposed to be doing. I haven't
been as stressed this week, which is a huge blessing!!!
The wards that we serve in are wonderful! They give us referrals like
mad. I love it. This one family, the Oilar's, have 4 boys and one
little girl. The boys are 15, 13, 12, and 10. The girl is 4. I love
going over to there house and just feel like I am at home. It's great
to find those people that just make you feel so much love.
I've seen the Lord in my life each day. Especially as we teach
lessons. So many times I have come out of lessons so humbled at the
fact that I would be used as a vessel to let someone know what God
wants for them. I just can't comprehend how God works. I'm glad that I
can be worthy to be used as an instrument. I know that my mouth is
being filled everyday and it strengthens my faith and gives me courage
to continue to find, teach and baptize people in my areas.
PYoung is absolutely amazing. Cedar always talks about the Turks and
how much love they have. I feel the same way about Pyoung. He called
me the other day to just check up on me. He told me that he felt so
happy to know me and told me that I better bring my own family over to
visit he and SYoung when they are old, gray and bent over. That meant
the world to me!! I love them so much. Each time I just look into
PYoungs eyes I can just see how much care and concern he has for me
and each missionary. He is changing a lot of the things in our mission
and is completely being guided by the Lord. This work is completely
amazing. When he also talked to me I told him how sad I was that I
wouldn't get to have him as a President for too much longer he then
laughed and said "Oh yeah, that was the other reason we were calling,
so glad you said something. We wanted to let you know that we have
extended your call for a year!" I about died when he said that. He
then laughed and said he was just kidding, but wished he wasn't so we
could have more time in the mission. They have changed my mission and
I will be so grateful to them for the rest of my life.
Mormon.org.... you all need to get on that website and share it with
friends, family and neighbors. It is such an amazing tool and we need
to share it. Email friends links to videos of prophets, apostles and
people that have overcome struggles and trials. People don't know that
we have this amazing resource!!
Okay, I've said enough and have rambled a lot.
Know that I am happy as can be. I smile way too much my jaw hurts. ;)
I love you all so much. Thank you for all of your support and Love.
You all mean the world to me!!!! I love being a missionary.

Love Sister Glasgow XOXO

ps. I saw a girl on the side of the road holding a sign that said,
"need beer". Also saw a girl doing cartwheels and dance moves on the
side of the street. I love Eugene.

No comments:

Post a Comment